Story Contracting’s Rail division’s project at the Mersey Loop in Liverpool has finally come to an end with Monday morning seeing the successful re-opening, on programme, following the recent slab track renewal works. It goes without saying that this has been an intense project working 24/7 for a 6 month period.
The key renewal works on the Mersey Loop involved:
- 170m3 of concrete pumped into position
- Over 1.2km of track slab renewed to date
- 2400m of new running rails installed
- Over 90000 man hours completed to date
- Over 3600 new Vipa baseplates installed require 14500 bolts to be cored and installed
- 8no spoil trains used to remove circa 1600t of breakout material
- 4 rail drops delivering 2400m of new rails
- 24/7 working
To find out more about the project click here.