Over the Christmas period, the project team at Edinburgh Waverley worked hard to complete a number of critical elements of the project:
Christmas (54hr disruptive possession)
- Platform 5 & 6: Completed the installation of the OLE and carried out section proving
- Platform 10 & 11: Installed a new signal gantry
- Platform 12: Relocated the PAVA node which controls the announcement system in the station
- Platform 19: Breakout of old concrete slab and resurfaced the platform and some areas on platform 12
New Year (29hr possession – partial closure of the station)
- Platform 5 & 6: Commenced removal of hoarding in advance of surfacing due to adjacent platforms being shut
- Platform 10 & 11: Facilitated Siemens in commissioning 1 new signal
Thank you to everyone that worked over the Christmas and New Year period to deliver these works.
To read more about the platform works at Edinburgh Waverley click here.