The project involved the following main phases:
• Provide a solution to repair and prevent further erosion causing movement on the HUL1 railway line.
• Final design to satisfy strict EA conditions surrounding the Humber Estuary.
• Access methodology to be developed to reduce traffic in local North Ferriby village, and through the Riding School for Disabled.
• Construction methodology and solution to be developed around tight footpath / piling mat, proximity to foreshore, and proximity to railway.
• Safely installing 184 piles and 14 pile cap bays, maintaining social distancing and a safe work environment throughout.
• Reinstate the busy footpath forming part of the Yorkshire Wolds Way and TransPennine Trail.