Are you customer focused with the ability to engage and build relationships? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to join our Major Projects Division, based from our Sheffield Site office, Chorley Depot or Normanton Depot - and there has never been a better time to join!
Reporting to the Construction Manager, you be responsible for the construction of the works using in house resource and subcontractors on our structures framework. You will also be working alongside the Site Agent responsible for the management of the programme and engineering functions and act as the interface with the client. Candidates must hold SMSTS.
The role is on a fixed term contract, duration of which will be discussed at interview.
Responsibilities will include:
- Health & Safety implementation on site.
- Ordering of plant and materials for specific works.
- Producing, maintaining, amending site documents, daily reports and weekly construction reports.
- Write and prepare site paperwork including WPP / TBS / Risk Assessments / Site Permits.
- Attending pre-start and contract meetings.
- Management of sub-contractors.
- Dealing with budgetary control
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication
- Ability to engage with clients and build relationships
- Capable of producing high quality paperwork
- Be motivated by job satisfaction
Why Story Contracting?
- Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
- GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
- HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
- PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
- FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
- TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
- WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here. https://www.storycontracting.com/jobs/
Every Story Matters
- We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
- As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy https://www.storycontracting.com/about-us/our-culture-values/ ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
- All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
- Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
- Apply now to start your Story.