Senior Project Manager
Are you customer focused with the ability to engage and build relationships? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our Major Projects Team with in our Rail Division, based from our Carlisle office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Senior Project Manager at Story Contracting you will secure, lead and manage a multiple project programme of works aligned to the business plan through proactive anticipation of needs and demands, robust planning and future proofing activities.
- Lead and manage the Client relationship to establish and understand their needs and expectations for projects in the portfolio
- Delivery of an efficient and profitable work bank through leading and managing multiple Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Proactively maximise opportunities; identify and manage risk for the business and be a proactive contributor to the Rail Management Team to ensure continual improvement
- Identify future capability and capacity requirements to deliver a growing business plan
- Accountability for safety and quality in the delivery of projects in the work bank
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension (and company car/allowance) We show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
Our agile working policy allows for a mixture of office and home working, and flexible working arrangements are available so that our people are engaged to give their best.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven track record of project delivery in Rail and safety critical environments
- Experienced in multiple project and multi-discipline management
- Track record in successful Client management
- Strong commercial acumen with experience in bid management and commercial delivery
- Experience working as CRE or CEM (desirable)
- Thorough understanding of standards and regulations across the Rail industry
- Ability to proactively anticipate and build future work banks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Opportunity and solution focused
- Team and people development skills
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Experienced in developing pipeline with existing Clients
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Apply today and start your story