Applications Close 24th June 2018
Competitive salary + market leading bonus + numerous other benefits
Story Contracting is a successful business combining the skills, resources and experience of Rail, Plant and Construction with depots in Carlisle, Chorley, Glasgow, Leeds and Edinburgh. Celebrating 30 years in the general construction industry, and with over 18 years’ experience of permanent way, Plant Hire and Rail related building and civil engineering projects. We pride ourselves on offering our clients practical and innovative solutions that challenge the status quo.
With a fast pace and ambitious growth plan we need to recruit individuals looking for an opportunity to be actively engaged in growing our business and establishing fantastic client relationships.
Responsible for a portfolio of projects, you will ensure we provide best in the market value for money, whilst maximising profit potential for the business. This is likely to come from an ability to interpret client requirements, think laterally and bring innovation in conjunction with the team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Delivery of a portfolio of projects from start to finish, supporting Project Managers and Construction Mangers to identify efficient and effective build solutions and commercial opportunities;
• Fully responsible for risk, profit and loss and financial management for portfolio;
• Coaching and mentoring an ambitious team to fully develop their potential and meet future resource requirements;
• Ensuring the needs of clients are met to generate repeat business;
• Liaising with new clients to generate profitable work on a sustainable basis;
• Liaising with other Senior Project Mangers to identify ways to maximize resource and capitalize on existing relationships
• Developing a positive culture of safety, achievement and performance;
• Understanding and keeping abreast of industry requirements, regulations and rules to ensure identified solutions are robust and compliant.
You will have proven project management skills and a track record of leading and building teams. With excellent communication skills, you will be customer focused with the ability to engage with clients and build relationships. You must have extensive Rail experience and/or construction/highways experience, combined with a good understanding of workforce and the ability to communicate strategically.
Presence on our sites will be essential, therefore the ability to travel regularly is essential. You will receive a competitive salary, market leading bonus, company car and other benefits.
My time at Story has seen me develop my career within the rail industry from part-time site operative through to Project Manager.
– Jonny Fearon, Project Manager
Think you'd be a good fit on our team?Apply now
Cammy Evans was recently named a Star of the Future (Scotland) at the CPA Apprenticeship Awards. Have a read here… https://t.co/F6545N00Yr