Senior Engineering Manager
Are you customer focused with the ability to engage and build relationships? Can you drive success within a team? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Senior Engineering Manager to join our Major Projects Team, within the Rail Division, based from our Birmingham office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Story Contracting you will provide technical support and assurance to the project cycle by carrying out the Engineering Manager role. In addition, you will support the project teams in delivering the business plan by providing technical expertise and mentoring within our core engineering disciplines. Focusing on bringing innovation and challenge to the design process together support to development and construction staff throughout the planning and construction phases of individual schemes.
- Discharge the duties of Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) in accordance with NR/L2/INI/02009 on behalf of Story Contracting on a scheme specific basis throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Discharge the duties of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) in accordance with NR/L2/INI/02009 on behalf of Story Contracting on a scheme-specific basis throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Support the various contracting teams by providing technical guidance and best practice in specialist disciplines.
- Develop Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) capability within Story Contracting by providing Continuous Professional Development, mentorship and guidance to candidates.
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension and company car/allowance, we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified to degree level, HNC/HND or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered Engineer status in a relevant discipline (desirable)
- Member of industry relevant association
- Experience of working within the rail industry with a high level of proven capability in the Story Contracting core discipline areas and an overall knowledge of multidisciplinary work areas.
- Excellent understanding of site working environments and protocols
- Extensive knowledge of Network Rail Standards and Governance
- Extensive experience of working with and driving a high level of engineering principles
- Good working knowledge of H&S regulations and legislation
- Extensive experience of working within highly regulatory environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Effective team player
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Apply now to start your Story.