Are you an enthusiastic team player? Can you drive success within a team? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Rail Division, based from our Birmingham office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Project Manager at Story Contracting you will Lead a workbank of projects from inception to successful conclusion along with leading multi-team collaboration to foster a joint approach to project design, development and delivery.
- Lead teams through design, development and delivery with effective project management.
- Maximise commercial performance of projects to achieve and exceed business plan.
- Lead by example to embed high HSQE standards in project teams.
- Ensure engineering compliance and strive for engineering excellence.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension and company car/allowance, we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate will be/have:
- Recognised engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- Extensive working knowledge of rail industry and infrastructure
- Effective leadership and confident decision maker
- Strong commercial acumen
- Client relationship management experience
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage a high volume of workload effectively
- Excellent IT skills across MS Office
- PTS certified
- Full driving licence
Why Story Contracting?
- Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
- GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
- HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
- PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
- FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
- TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
- WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here. https://www.storycontracting.com/jobs/
Every Story Matters
- We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
- As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy https://www.storycontracting.com/about-us/our-culture-values/ ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
- All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
- Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
- Click below to apply and start your Story.