Are you an enthusiastic team player? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Coordinator to join our Rail Division based from our Carlisle office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Design Coordinator at Story Contracting you will co-ordinate and manage the design process in an effective and efficient manner, support the Pre-Construction team and facilitate external design teams to ensure key deliverables are consistently managed and delivered to agreed programme/schedules.
Maintain close links with other business disciplines to drive an inclusive culture of end to end project success and consistency.
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary design effectively, to agreed programme.
- Manage internal design process and procedures. Ensure consistency is maintained on all projects and design is managed efficiently and effectively at all stages.
- Responsibility for ensuring Safety in Design and Sustainability is considered and captured throughout design.
- Lead continuous improvement within design.
- Delivery of an efficient and profitable work bank through Grip 2-5 design process.
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension and company car/allowance, we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
Our agile working policy allows for a mixture of office and home working, and flexible working arrangements are available so that our people are engaged to give their best.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Robust knowledge of design disciplines and practices
- Experience of working within the rail and/or construction industry
- Knowledge of H&S regulations and legislation
- Good understanding of Network Rail specifications, standards and procedures
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Capacity to manage a high volume of workload effectively
- Organised and drive effective use of document management processes
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Apply today and start your story