Our Construction team have recently completed works at DFS & Wickes in Carlisle. As a result of the flooding which happened in 2005 and 2015, the client decided to install flood defence measures to protect the stores from any future flooding.
The scope of the project was to design and implement the following works:
- Completion of concrete pours to create 3 metre high flood walls
- Installation of the following:
- All flood doors, dam boards and gates
- WaStop non-return valves to the drainage system
- A small pump and sump locations
- Development of a temporary works system, utilising the brickwork as a shutter as an alternative to traditional timber shutters
- Development of access methodology to pour the 3 metre high wall to the south elevation due to limited access
A big thanks to all the team who were involved with this project. The quality of the works and can do attitude is a credit to you all.
Andy Clode, Contracts Manager