This course is designed to train persons on the below;
- Understand the required pre start/work machine functional checks
- Understand/describe the reporting lines and communication protocols,
- Describe the hazards and risks that are specific to the operation and the appropriate controls
- Understand/explain the terminology and methods used to identify the components, and the operation of the host machine/relevant attachments
- Describe any defect monitoring associated with the operation of host machine/relevant attachments
- Demonstrate safe use of host machine which includes travelling and working to the specified standard and specifications (forwards and reverse)
- Apply the machine specifics to on and off tracking procedures
- How to move the machine to both on and off tracking point in road mode
- In the event of an incident you will be able to demonstrate the emergency recovery on the machine
- Understand/demonstrate the correct/safe methods of shutting down, isolating, securing and off tracking the host machine/relevant attachments.
4 days – no host machine competency
2 days – holds host machine competency
Must have OTP Core.
Upon successful completion of this course, competencies will be uploaded to Sentinel – OTP Op Self Propelled MEWP.
- Delegates must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS
- Meet the relevant medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness (see Appendix A of Standard for further information).
- Meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol)
- Must hold base machine competence from a nationally recognized accreditation scheme
- Must hold full driving license appropriate to the host machine
- Must hold current and valid OTP Core