Story Contracting’s background is as an SME. We therefore have an inherent understanding of the value that SME organisations can bring to our supply chain and the wider industry. We support SMEs in numerous ways:
• Seek out SMEs amongst potential suppliers.
• Encourage our teams to utilise locally based SMEs on projects where possible within geographical restraints.
• Encourage and support local SMEs who are considering entering the market or developing their business.
• Look for investment opportunities within SMEs to help them expand capability and capacity.
• Work with SMEs to understand their business drivers so that we can align workload opportunities.
As a result of our commitment to invest in the supply chain, over 60% of our supplier spend is with SMEs. We also work with our Supply Chain Partners to ensure our standards for health and safety, equality, diversity and inclusion, and social value are mirrored.
We work closely with our supply chain to firstly educate them on the importance, and secondly, how we embed them into their contracts and the way they deliver works on behalf of Story.