Network Rail & North Lanarkshire Council
The scope of the project was to design and implement the following works:
- Construction of the new structure within the site compound.
- Successfully replacing UB285/022 utilising a SPMT over a 54hr blockade.
- Temporary works designed to allow access to carry works out safely.
- Methodologies developed to enable works to take place in close proximity to the railway.
The project team utilised a slew ring on the SPMT which allowed the wingwalls to be cut tight to the new cill position and limited the stonework required after the installation. This was the first time that this had been carried out on a bridge within the UK by the appointed sub-contractor.
Prior to any works commencing we issued communications to all the residents in the surrounding area, detailing the works which would be carried out. This helped reduce the impact of our presence as the locals were aware of why we were there and how long for – an important factor as the road had to be closed permanently for a period of time and a diversion put in place.
The project was able to celebrate success and demonstrated best practice within the following areas:
- Early consultation with the local council and closeresidents resulted in good community relations.
- Weekly meetings with the client resulted in goodcommunication and understanding of the works.
- Proactively managing unforeseen delays enablingus to maintain our original completion date.
- Working efficiently with all associates involvedas a team throughout out the project.
hour possession to replace the underbridge
metres of track renewed