This course is designed to train persons who are new to track and whose work may involve the maintenance, inspection or renewal of the track or other duties that may affect the stability, position or integrity of the track infrastructure.
It is designed to develop a person’s knowledge, understanding and skills as defined in the competence standards listed below and is therefore particularly suited to persons required to prove their competence in these areas.
TR1 Maintain Permanent Way Assets
TR2 Maintain ‘Off Track’ Assets
Upon successful completion of this course, competencies will be uploaded to Sentinel.
- Delegates must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS (not under learning support), and full IWA or COSS.
- Meet the relevant medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness (see Appendix A of Standard for further information).
- Have a good level of literacy to meet Entry Qualifications.
- Meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol)