- This course is designed to train persons who have been nominated by their line manager/sponsor to enable them to attain the Engineering Supervisor (ES) competence.
- The ES competence is required to be held by anyone who is required to set up and manage a worksite within an engineering possession on the rail infrastructure under the direction of a Person in Charge of Possession (PICOP). This includes the management of on and off-tracking On Track Plant (OTP) and train movements within the designated worksite.
- The ES course will take delegates through the procedures as set out in the Rule Book; Handbook 12 (Duties of the engineering supervisor) and Handbook 13 (Duties of the person in charge of the siding).
- The course includes the importance of using the correct communication protocols and adopting the appropriate behaviours to be able to carry out this role safely and effectively.
Delegates will be awarded Engineering Supervisor upon successful completion of the course.
- Delegates must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS (not under learning support), and full IWA or COSS.
- Meet the relevant medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness (see Appendix A of Standard for further information).
- Have a good level of literacy to meet Entry Qualifications.
- Meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol)