- This course is designed to train persons who have been nominated by their line manager/sponsor to enable them to attain the Engineering Supervisor (ES) competence.
- The ES competence is required to be held by anyone who is required to set up and manage a worksite within an engineering possession on the rail infrastructure under the direction of a Person in Charge of Possession (PICOP). This includes the management of on and off-tracking On Track Plant (OTP) and train movements within the designated worksite.
- The ES course will take delegates through the procedures as set out in the Rule Book; Handbook 12 (Duties of the engineering supervisor) and Handbook 13 (Duties of the person in charge of the siding).
- The course includes the importance of using the correct communication protocols and adopting the appropriate behaviours to be able to carry out this role safely and effectively.
- Delegates must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS (not under learning support), and full IWA or COSS.
- Meet the relevant medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness (see Appendix A of Standard for further information).
- Have a good level of literacy to meet Entry Qualifications.
- Meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol)