Trainee Project Agent
Are you customer focused with the ability to engage and build relationships? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Trainee Project Agent to join our team, based from our Normanton office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As Trainee Assistant Project Manager you will support the Project team during the Development and Delivery phases of the Project through the production and ongoing maintenance of high-quality planning documents and information. To engage with the Site Manager, pre-construction, and delivery team to assist with ensuring methodologies incorporated are in line with their plans. To liaise with subcontractors, 3rd Parties and Authorities on behalf of the Project Team, as required.
The role will involve on the job training
- Engage with the Project team to collate the critical methodologies, project deliverables & information required for the effective development of Planning documentation and information.
- Produce high quality Planning documentation and information for submission in a timely manner.
- Sharing and using experience to input to the Development & Delivery phases of the Project
- PDSW / 019 Roles & Responsibilities.
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension (and company car/allowance) we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
Our agile working policy allows for a mixture of office and home working, and flexible working arrangements are available so that our people are engaged to give their best.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Working knowledge of IT systems, specifically Microsoft Office suite.
- PTS certified or willingness to obtain qualification.
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to challenge in a constructive & positive manner.
- Undertaking studies for a HNC in civil engineering and / or construction or equivalent experience.
- A developing knowledge of rail industry documentation and processes.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage changing workload and prioritise accordingly.
Why Story Contracting?
- Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
- GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
- HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
- PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
- FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
- TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
- WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here. https://www.storycontracting.com/jobs/
Every Story Matters
- We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
- As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy https://www.storycontracting.com/about-us/our-culture-values/ ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
- All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
- Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
- Click below to apply and start your Story.