We are looking for a Track Engineering Manager within our Rail England Division to support delivery of our expanding workbank which includes structures, earthworks, track, and property projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join our award-winning company with secured Network Rail CP6 Frameworks covering both the Northwest & Central and Eastern regions.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering and based from one of our offices in Chorley, York, or Carlisle you will provide leadership for the track engineering function. As an Engineering Manager, you will be safety focussed and an excellent team player with a flexible, can do attitude to work. Key responsibilities will include:
- Understand the current and forward demand for the track engineering discipline working closely with our Contract Managers.
- Develop the existing team and recruit new team members to maintain the required capacity / capability of the track engineering team.
- Discharge the duties of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) for a portfolio of Projects. Support the Project team through the design, planning, delivery and close out phase of Projects.
- Provide ongoing support / mentorship to existing and new Contractors Responsible Engineers (CRE).
- Ensure requirements for Track Monitoring, Track Construction, Critical Rail Temperature and Track Handback are delivered in compliance to current standards.
- Work with our Lead Engineer for Site Engineering to ensure technical resources for tamping, stressing and track handback are available and are competent.
- Take a lead role in the ongoing development of quality management activity for track engineering including the use of digital technology to support quality installation, robust handback and project close out.
You will have a wide understanding of track engineering during the design and construction phase of projects, industry best practice and Network Rail standards. A HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent would be desirable together with membership of an Industry Institution.
‘Doing it Right’ is really important to us, so if you believe you have the skills to lead the track engineering team to the highest standard, this could be the right opportunity for you. In return, you will be joining a business that’s going places and offers an excellent working environment along with a competitive salary, company car or allowance, matched Company pension contributions of up to 5% of salary, help towards healthcare costs, national retail discounts and access to our cycle to work scheme.