Track Access Planner
Are you an enthusiastic team player? Are you an excellent problem solver? Do you have knowledge of Rail Systems?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Track Access Planner to join our Rail Division, based from our Carlisle office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Track Access Planner at Story Contracting you will secure effective track access, OTM and Engineering Trains to enable the completion of works in accordance with Story Rail and Network Rail procedures.
- Work with the operational teams to identify opportunities and agree requirements for track access, OTM and Engineering Trains
- Maintain systems/records and produce accurate and meaningful information relevant to track access
- Manage the requisition and planning process for OTM and Engineering Trains
- Manage key stakeholder relationships relevant to role
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension (and company car/allowance) We show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- CoSSOWP competency certified
- PTS certified
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Good working knowledge of rail industry and site working environments
- Excellent working knowledge of track access regulations and safety rules
- Good working knowledge of COSS responsibilities
- Knowledge of rail systems such as PPS and GZAC
- Experience of assessing and organising blockades and possessions
- Computer literate, specifically Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexible and versatile
- Full driving licence
- Effective team player
- Maintain track access competency
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
Why Story Contracting?
- Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
- GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
- HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
- PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
- FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
- TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
- WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here. https://www.storycontracting.com/jobs/
Every Story Matters
- We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
- As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy https://www.storycontracting.com/about-us/our-culture-values/ ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
- All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
- Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
- Click below to apply and start your Story.