Story Contracting is a successful business combining the skills, resources and experience of both rail and general construction.
Celebrating over 30 years in the general construction industry and over 15 years’ experience of delivering rail related projects including structures, earthworks, buildings and track.
We are an award-winning Company which is proud to have been delivering design and build framework contracts for Network Rail throughout England and Scotland since 2014. Due to our continued success and growth we now have a vacancy for a Track Access Planner in our Rail England team – based in our York office.
As a key member of the operational team you will provide high quality track access planning for your allocated portfolio of projects. Key responsibilities will include;
- Conducting site visits to assess track access requirements for future projects
- Identifying and securing available track access opportunities in agreement with the operational team
- Maintaining systems / records relevant to track access planning
- Co-ordinating attendance at PICOP and T-meetings to ensure that Story Contracting are adequately represented, and access is secured as planned
- Creating ‘industry leading’ Safe Work Packs in a timely manner
- Attending and contributing to conference calls and meetings on a weekly basis to reassess requirements and action changes to plan
With recognised Safe System of Work Planning competence and being PTS certified, you must have excellent IT and communication skills and knowledge of GZAC, PPS and Rail Industry regulations and standards (PDSW/019). SWL2 (ES) & COSS competencies and safety critical experience would be desirable.
In return for your self-motivation and commitment to continuous improvements and profitability, you will receive a competitive salary, company car or allowance, matched company pension contribution of up to 4.5%, enhanced maternity and paternity provision, cycle to work, help towards healthcare costs and national retail discounts.