Story Contracting is an award winning well respected infrastructure company, respected nationally for providing Rail, Construction and Plant solutions. Our head office is based in Carlisle, Cumbria, with offices located across the north of England and Scotland. In the last year we have won a number of major frameworks and contracts across the UK.
We have a great opportunity for a Technical Training Manager to join our Training & Development Team at our head office in Carlisle with responsibility for delivery across the entire company. The successful candidate will report to the head of training development and work closely with the operational management teams. This exciting opportunity is integral to the development and implementation of consistent operating standards and for the continuous review and improvement of our important Story Contracting processes.
Purpose of the role:
- To manage and support coordination of all technical training and development activities ensuring compliance is achieved
- To lead the technical training team and drive operational excellence
- To drive improvement opportunities for the provisioning of technical training
- To work with senior stakeholders to ensure that the workforce have the technical competence in line with HSE, Rail, Plant and Construction industry
- Maintain and further develop our compliance with current NSAR accreditation
- To develop accurate management information against KPI’s and budgetary requirements
- To ensure training resources are effective and efficient
- Extensive experience in training requirements for Construction/Rail/Plant sector experience. A knowledge of NSAR, ARTP and CITB would be an advantage.
- Strategic planning ability to link development requirements to business performance.
- A track record in delivering training projects and initiatives in a complex environment
- Record of leading training interventions with proven ROI against key business metrics
- Ability to adapt to constant changing demands positively and effectively.
- Commercial orientation and budget / financial knowledge
- Inspirational leader of teams
- Internal/external stakeholder and client management
- Excellent communication skills, with the interpersonal skills to interact and influence at all levels, be passionate about developing people and be driven to achieve success
In return for your self-motivation and commitment to continuous improvements and profitability, you will receive a competitive salary, company car or allowance, matched company pension contribution of up to 5% rising to 7% after 5 years’ service, enhanced maternity and paternity provision, cycle to work, help towards healthcare costs and national retail discounts.
First interviews will be held on 7th June 2019