We are currently recruiting for an experienced Small Plant Tools Fitter to join our Stores department in Carlisle. You will be dedicated to and play a pivotal role in the success and growth of the department.
As a Small Tools Fitter, you will be working as part of a small enthusiastic team providing maintenance, servicing and testing of small tools and equipment.
Candidates should possess experience of working on small plant and equipment. You will be carrying out planned maintenance, inspections and breakdown repairs on the company’s fleet of small plant and tools in our workshop and on site. A background in tool hire fleet maintenance would be particularly appropriate.
- Small plant inspections, servicing & repairs
- PAT testing
- Ensuring servicing schedules followed and up to date
- Carrying out routine safety inspections
- Supporting and encourage safe working practices for all staff and operatives.
- Ensuring existing 5s principles are adhered to
- Ensuring an efficient customer service is offered and maintained
- Relevant mechanical qualifications or experience
- Knowledge of small plant & equipment eg. Generators, Stone Saws, Power Tools
- Valid driving license
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good PC skills
- Problem solving
- Able to work to statutory regulations and standards.
Additional but not essential
- PAT testing certificate
- Safety training in Abrasive wheels, Manual Handling & Forklift truck
This is an excellent role for a Small Tools Fitter who has initiative and flexibility and can work as part of a team, or unsupervised.
In return for your commitment and can-do attitude, you will receive competitive rates of pay, pension, help towards healthcare costs, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, access to our cycle to work scheme and national retail discounts.