Skilled Rail Operative
Are you enthusiastic team player? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Skilled Rail Operative to join our Team, based from our Leeds Depot - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Skilled Rail Operative at Story Contracting you will deliver the programme of work on time, to the right quality and in line with all safety standards. Acting as a representative of Story Contracting at all times.
- Deliver programme of work to the highest possible standards.
- Ensure work is undertaken in line with all health, safety and environmental
- Build effective Client relationships.
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension. We show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have strong ability to learn.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Experienced in civils groundworks including Drainage, Concreting, Formwork, Fencing, Compound installation.
- Must hold either dumper, roller competence.
- Hold small tools competence.
- Be adaptable to new methods of work – up to date with latest way of working
- Have ability work flexibly, including lodging away, weekends and unsociable hours
- Hold a full driving licence.
Why Story Contracting?
- Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
- GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
- HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
- PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
- FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
- TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
- WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here. https://www.storycontracting.com/jobs/
Every Story Matters
- We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
- As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy https://www.storycontracting.com/about-us/our-culture-values/ ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
- All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
- Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
- Click below to apply and start your Story.