Are you an enthusiastic team player? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join our Rail Division, based from our Normanton office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Site Engineer at Story Contracting you will responsible for correct interpretation of construction information to deliver the project to the specification and in-line with the contract requirements, supporting the Regional Engineering Manager and Lead Engineer, providing guidance and mentoring to Site Engineers and Trainees. You will contribute to the team capability by working with the REM to either work as a CRE Construction, or work on a self-development plan to progress towards CRE mentored status.
- Planning, Estimating, Specifying
- Delivery, Quality Management, Control and Verification
- Project Engineering and technical support
- Senior management
- Engage with Story’s career development and mentorship programmes, to provide mentorship and support to our graduates, undergraduates and trainees, to assist in their development.
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension, we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified or working towards degree level, HNC/HND or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Working towards professionally qualified engineer status in a relevant discipline (desirable)
- Experience of working within the rail industry with a level of proven capability in the Story Contracting core discipline areas and an overall knowledge of multidisciplinary work areas.
- Understanding of site working environments and protocols
- Construction / Rail Engineering experience
- PTS certified
- SMSTS or SSSTS (desirable)
- Experience of current setting out procedures and equipment (Leica Total station / Dual Grade lasers)
- Experience of working with and driving a high level of engineering principles
- Knowledge of Network Rail Standards and Governance
- Good working knowledge of H&S regulations and legislation
- Experience of working within highly regulatory environments
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own but thrives within the team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Willingness to undergo further training to advance knowledge
- Flexible, versatile and motivated
Excellent communication skills
Why Story Contracting?
- Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
- GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
- HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
- PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
- FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
- TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
- WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here. https://www.storycontracting.com/jobs/
Every Story Matters
- We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
- As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy https://www.storycontracting.com/about-us/our-culture-values/ ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
- All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
- Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
- Apply today and start your story