Senior Project Engineer
Are you an enthusiastic team player? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer to join our Rail Division, based from our York office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Senior Project Engineer at Story Contracting you will report to the Regional Engineering Manager, you will provide dependable and competent technical management and advice to support the project teams. You will have experience of Structures ideally within both the railway and highways industry. When working within the rail environment you will also have demonstrable experience of undertaking roles under the engineering management for projects NR/L2/RSE/02009, as a Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) for the construction phase and acting as a Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC).
We are seeking candidates that can manage and support the technical aspects of a project throughout the full life cycle, from early design and feasibility phases through to delivery and successful hand back on site with a key focus on management of temporary works and quality.
- Support all technical aspects of project delivery with both our engineering and project delivery teams. This will include providing site support, managing, reviewing, auditing and promoting site quality checks and technical reviews of QITP’s. Checking QA controls and safe technical methodologies, providing construction engineering assurance as well as maintain compliance with our Quality and Engineering Management Plan.
- Management of temporary works acting a TWC. Our Major Project will involve a large number of temporary works designs/requirements and a key responsibility of this role is the management of this process.
- Undertake the role of CRE Construction in accordance with NR/L2/RSE/02009 for project with a railway interface.
- Manage the handback or Entry in to Service process to ensure successful handover to the client.
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension and company car/allowance, we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Hold a degree in civil engineering
- Be working towards or be a member of a suitable professional institution
- Have a good level of understanding on all current safety legislation
and be able to contribute to the safe management of design, development and construction
- Have in-depth knowledge of Network Rail Standards and the Engineering Lifecycle of a project
Why Story Contracting?
- Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
- GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
- HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
- PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
- FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
- TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
- WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here. https://www.storycontracting.com/jobs/
Every Story Matters
- We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
- As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy https://www.storycontracting.com/about-us/our-culture-values/ ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
- All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
- Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
- Click below to apply and start your Story.