Safety Critical Operative
Are you an enthusiastic team player? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Critical Operative to join our Rail Division, based from our Birmingham Depot - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Safety Critical Operative at Story Contracting you will set up a safe system of work, ensuring all staff and visitors to site are fully briefed and the system is adhered to at all times. Acting as a representative of Story Contracting at all times.
- Carry out ES/COSS and other safety critical duties, in accordance within legislation and Network Rail guidelines
- Support Site Managers/Gangers by managing site works packages /GI works as required
- Ensure work is undertaken in line with all health, safety and environmental standards when supervising works
- Build effective Client relationships
- Assist Ganger and Site Manager in the development of Operatives relating to safety critical duties
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension, we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Driving licence
- Industry Common Induction
- Track induction
- Engineering Supervisor
- SMSTS 5-day site safety
- Protection Controller (desirable)
- Full 1st aid qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of rail site working
- Skills Tool Box- Team Briefs, Challenging Conversations, Problem Solving
- Adaptable to new methods of work – up to date with latest way of working
- Ability work flexibly, including lodging away, weekends and unsociable hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skill
- Behavioural safety course
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Click below to apply and start your Story.