Do you want to be part of a successful, dynamic, forward-thinking business? Do you have a proactive approach and enjoy an engaging fast-paced role?
Due to the growth of Story England, our rail division, we now have a vacancy in our Engineering Team for a Lead Engineer based in Normanton. There has never been a better time to join!
Reporting to the Regional Engineering Manager (REM), the Regional Lead Engineer will improve and uphold the site engineering competency and capability of the region, however, will be expected to provide support to other regions as part of the overall Story business as demand and capacity requires.
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary and pension, we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
Our agile working policy allows for a mixture of office and home working, and flexible working arrangements are available so that our people are engaged to give their best.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The person we are looking for will:
- be responsible for accurate interpretation of construction information to deliver projects to the specification and in-line with the contract requirements.
- provide guidance and mentoring to the Regional Lead Engineering team, including senior, junior and trainee site engineers, and supply-chain procured engineers also.
- contribute to the team capability by working with the REM to either work as a CRE Construction and/or Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC), and support the development of the team by supporting CRE/TWC advancement.
- responsible for the performance of quality controls and technical assurance during the delivery of projects, ensuring development of quality controls during design stages, and implementation, recording, validation, and verification during construction and handback stages.
- support the project teams in delivering the business plan by providing technical support within our core engineering disciplines. Focusing on bringing innovation, challenge and construction methodologies and ideas to the design, development and delivery process, throughout the planning and construction phases of individual schemes.
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Click below to apply and start your Story.