Do you want to join a Company that values it's people, rewards success and is growing its regional structure? There has never been a more exciting time to join Story Plant. We provide quality operated plant to a number of rail and construction business. We are proud of our reputation looking after our people and customers.
Following the opening of our new regional depot based at Kings Norton, Birmingham we are recruiting for a Rail Services Supervisor to join our new and successful team. Reporting to the Depot Operations Manager, you will ensure that plant machinery is allocated to the correct job with the appropriate safety critical colleague assigned to it.
Key responsibilities include
- Arranging current and future hire of machines, plant items and safety critical staff.
- Ensure compliant equipment is appropriate and available for the planned works.
- Ensure safety critical staff are correctly assigned with Fatigue management in place at all times.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key account clients.
- Negotiating and agreeing rates with suppliers from the approved supplier list for cross hired items.
- Ensure all company standards and procedures are kept to an extremely high standard.
The successful candidate must be able demonstrate their previous experience in this role or a similar role, and have a sound understanding of the Rail industry/ Operated Plant Hire and the complexities and intricacies that this brings to Planning and Fatigue Management.
We are looking for someone who has Strong IT and organisational skills, is conscientious and driven with experience of working in a fast-paced environment. You must also have a personable manner with the ability to remain calm, logical and professional at all times whilst dealing with clients, both internal and external.
Previous experience of using the IT system Syrinx would be highly advantageous, however training can be given for the right person. The ability to demonstrate good working practices, attention to detail, and a good understanding the geography of operator locations, logistics and a knowledge of fatigue would also be preferred.
In return the successful candidate will be working in a business that is rapidly expanding and offers excellent opportunities. You will receive a competitive salary pension, help towards healthcare costs, cycle to work, childcare vouchers and national retail discounts.
If this role sounds like a great career move for you and you can demonstrate the required skills please send your CV by return and without delay. We look forward to hearing from you.