As part of our exciting growth plans, Story Contracting are developing our footprint into the Crewe/Birmingham area and we are therefore looking for a Regional Manager to grow and shape our presence in the region.
You will have your finger on the pulse in terms of work opportunities in the area and take a collaborative approach to winning work and building relationships with clients/suppliers. As a Regional Manager, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your own team with initial support and capacity from the wider business. You will lead Story Contracting to be the supplier of choice in the area through providing continuous high quality, reliable and professional solutions.
The role will have the full support of the business and members of the other regions will work closely with you to ensure success.
- Driving growth within the region, managing the business plan (current and future) and associated budget through successful leadership, organisation and execution.
- Effectively managing Client relationships within the region to deliver a sustainable partnership which adds value.
- Improving and upholding safety standards throughout all levels building on the Story reputation, bringing safety initiatives, compliance & a “Do it Right” ethos.
- Analysing regional results and developing specific actions directly related to business development and growth, including risk and opportunity management
- Developing and delivering regional recruitment and succession plans to provide a high performing team with a clear focus on delivering to a high standard.
- Communicating with the central team and other regional teams to maximise efficiencies and utilisation of assets and labour as well as input on company-wide process improvements.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience of the Rail/Construction or Highways sector
- Established people management and development skills
- Experience of Project Management
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Excellent network and effective client management skills
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Self-motivated and solution focussed style
In return for your commitment and proven results you will receive: a salary of up to £70,000 p.a. dependent on direct experience/skills; base annual bonus of 30% up to a maximum of 60% of salary; company car or allowance; 36 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays); matched pension scheme of 5%, rising to 7% after 5 years’ service; help towards healthcare costs; and other benefits.