Story Contracting has extensive experience in civil engineering and permanent way in the railway industry. We pride ourselves on offering our clients practical and innovative solutions that challenge the status quo. We are award winning and have built a strong reputation for delivering a range of rail projects from earthworks, trackworks, structures and property.
Due to the growth of the Scottish region of our Rail Division, Story Contracting has a new opportunity for a Project Manager, based from our Blantyre office, Glasgow
Responsible for a portfolio of projects, you will ensure our clients receive the best in the market value for money, whilst maximising profit potential for the business. This is likely to come from an ability to interpret client requirements, think laterally and bring innovation in conjunction with the team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of a portfolio of projects from start to finish identifying efficient and effective solutions
- Fully responsible for profit and loss and financial management
- Management and development of the current in-house capability to meet future resource requirements
- Ensuring the needs of clients are met to generate repeat business
- Liaising with new clients to generate profitable work on a sustainable basis
- Maintaining client relationship and satisfaction
- Developing a positive culture of safety, achievement and performance
- Developing the existing team providing effective leadership, motivation and instilling good communication
- Identifying and recruiting additional members as required
- Understanding industry requirements, regulations and rules to ensure identified solutions are robust and compliant
- Ensuring effective HSQE on all projects
You will have proven project management skills and a track record of managing people and building teams, whilst supporting and developing individuals. With excellent communication skills, you will be customer focused with the ability to engage with clients and build relationships.
You must have extensive Rail experience and/or construction/highways experience, combined with a good understanding of workforce and the ability to communicate strategically.
Presence on our sites will be essential, therefore the ability to travel regularly is essential.
In return for your passion, drive and ability to deliver, you will receive a competitive salary, company car or car allowance, matched company pension contribution of up to 5% (rising to 7% after 5 years), enhanced maternity and paternity provision, help towards healthcare costs, cycle to work and national retail discounts.
You will be working in a business that offers excellent career development and progression potential alongside a workforce that is genuinely proud to work here.
Please quote reference SSPM002 in your covering email.
Closing date – 12 May 2019