Story Contracting has extensive experience in civil engineering and permanent way in the railway industry. We pride ourselves on offering our clients practical and innovative solutions that challenge the status quo. We are award winning and have built a strong reputation for delivering a range of rail projects from earthworks, trackworks, structures and property.
Due to the growth of our Rail division, we now have a vacancy for a Project Agent based from our office in York or Leeds.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the programme and engineering functions and act as the interface with the client. You will be working alongside the Site Manager who will be responsible for construction of the works using in house resource and subcontractors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Health & Safety implementation
- Producing, maintaining and amending site documents as they change
- Managing the production of Quality documents
- Attending pre-start and contract meetings
- Management of sub-contractors (programme and compliance)
- Managing multiple sites (where appropriate)
- Accountable for technical engineering issues on site
- Significant client liaison which involves providing reports and progress meetings
- Dealing with budgetary control
With excellent communication skills, you will be customer focused with the ability to engage with clients and build relationships.
You must be capable of producing high quality paperwork and be motivated by job satisfaction, delivering successful projects and implementing and driving health and safety practices. You are likely to be from a Civil Engineering background, with a solid track record in delivering Rail projects.
Presence on our sites will be essential therefore the ability to travel regularly is essential.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, company car or car allowance, matched company pension contribution of up to 4.5% (rising to 7% after 5 years), enhanced maternity and paternity provision, help towards healthcare costs, cycle to work and national retail discounts.
You will be working in a business that offers excellent career development and progression potential alongside a workforce that is genuinely proud to work here.