Due to our continued growth we now have a new opportunity within our Rail division for a Project Agent based from our office in York.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of the programme and engineering functions of large framework projects. You will be working alongside the Site Manager who will be responsible for construction of the works using in house resource and subcontractors.
Responsibilities will include:
Engage with the Project team to collate and agree the critical methodologies, project deliverables & information required for the effective development of Planning documentation and information.
- Engage with the team and tap into people’s knowledge, skill and experience to extract key information, pulling the team together in a timely manner, at key points in the project.
- Agree a schedule of required documentation with Project Managers and Scheme Project Managers including document and information types and required by dates.
- Provide progress updates to key colleagues to ensure that Planning documentation and information is produced in a timely manner in line with the plans of the Project.
Produce high quality Planning documentation and information for submission in a timely manner.
- In accordance with the required planning timescales, ensure project documentation is produced to a high standard for approval.
- Within the Planning documentation, identify key project risks and controls from an H&S and operational delivery perspective in conjunction with the Project team.
- Manage and monitor all required document approvals by the CRE/CEM and by Network Rail, third parties, authorities and agencies.
- Ensure documents are accurate to the planned works and updated as required throughout the delivery of the project.
- Actively compile and manage the project handback documentation throughout delivery to ensure handback is achieved upon completion in line with agreed timescales.
Sharing and using experience to input to the Development & Delivery phases of the Project
- Responsible for the role of Lessons Learned champion from inception to completion.
- Contribute and input to methodologies, providing constructive challenge and adding value.
- Collaborate with the design, engineering, site and commercial teams to agree the most appropriate methodology for the Project.
- Contribute to key meetings such as prestart, start up and internal and Client progress reviews.
- Work collaboratively with the Site Manager in the production of the Health & Safety File.
- Conduct site visits and inspections (Health & Safety and Quality) giving timely and effective feedback to the team.
With excellent communication skills, you will be customer focused with the ability to engage with clients and build relationships.
As you will be travelling to various Rail sites, you must hold a full UK driving license.
In return for your self-motivation and commitment to continuous improvements and profitability, you will receive a competitive salary, company car or allowance, matched company pension contribution of up to 5% rising to 7% after 5 years’ service, enhanced maternity and paternity provision, cycle to work, help towards healthcare costs and national retail discounts.