Story Contracting has extensive experience in civil engineering and permanent way in the railway industry. We pride ourselves on offering our clients practical and innovative solutions that challenge the status quo. We are award winning and have built a strong reputation for delivering a range of rail projects from earthworks, trackworks, structures and property.
Due to our continued growth we now have a new opportunity within our Rail division for a Project Agent based from our office in Blantyre, near Glasgow.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the programme and engineering functions and act as the interface with the client. You will be working alongside the Site Manager who will be responsible for construction of the works using in house resource and subcontractors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Health & Safety implementation
- Producing, maintaining and amending site documents as they change
- Managing the production of Quality documents
- Attending pre-start and contract meetings
- Management of sub-contractors (programme and compliance)
- Managing multiple sites (where appropriate)
- Significant client liaison which involves providing reports and progress meetings
- Dealing with budgetary control
- Accountable for technical engineering issues on site and including hands on site activities
With excellent communication skills, you will be customer focused with the ability to engage with clients and build relationships.
You must be capable of producing high quality paperwork and be motivated by job satisfaction, delivering successful projects and implementing and driving health and safety practices.
As you will be travelling to various Rail sites, you must hold a full UK driving licence.
In return for your self-motivation and commitment to continuous improvements and profitability, you will receive a competitive salary, company car or allowance, matched company pension contribution of up to 5% rising to 7% after 5 years’ service, cycle to work, help towards healthcare costs and national retail discounts.
Please quote reference SSPA in your covering email.
Closing date – 19 May 2019