Section Engineer/ Project Agent – Story Scotland
Are you an enthusiastic team player?
Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects?
Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Section Engineer, known as a Project Agent at Story Scotland, to join our Story Scotland division based from our Blantyre office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Project Agent / Section Engineer at Story Contracting, you will be working within Lineside Civils Team and will be assisting with the delivery of various civils projects both traditional and adjacent to the railway. These involve new structure installations; structure replacements and refurbishments; culvert installations; P-Way track on track off and various other civil engineering works across multiple disciplines within the civils environment working for a diverse range of clients.
- Health & Safety implementation
- Carry out all aspects of on-site engineering, from design checks, take offs, setting out and quality control throughout project lifecycle.
- Producing, maintaining and amending site documents as they change.
- Write and prepare site paperwork including Construction Phase Plan / Works Package Plans / Method Statements / Task Briefings / Risk Assessments / Site Permits
- Managing the production of site quality documents. ITPs and Quality checklists etc
- Attending pre-start and contract meetings.
- Management of sub-contractors (programme and compliance).
- Involved in delivery of multiple sites at any one time (where appropriate).
- Client liaison which involves providing reports and progress meetings.
- Document control via Story Contracting web-based portal.
- Keeping contemporaneous records of project costs within your control.
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, overtime payments, pension (and company car/allowance). We show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
Our agile working policy allows for a mixture of office and home working, and flexible working arrangements are available so that our people are engaged to give their best.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Working knowledge of IT systems, specifically Microsoft Office suite
- Preferred working knowledge of AutoCAD (training can be provided)
- SMSTS 5 Day Site Safety certified preferred but not essential(training can be provided)
- PTS preferred but not essential (training can be provided)
- Full driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualified to degree level in civil engineering or HNC / HND
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Willingness to work nightshift, weekend shift work and stay away from home when required
- Proficient in creating WPP, TB, Permit to Dig, ITPs
- Preferred working experience track monitoring
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.