Story Contracting has extensive experience in civil engineering and permanent way in the railway industry. We pride ourselves on offering our clients practical and innovative solutions that challenge the status quo. We are award winning and have built a strong reputation for delivering a range of rail projects from earthworks, trackworks, structures and property.
Due to the growth of our Story Scotland division, we now have vacancy for a Project Agent (P-Way Engineer) based from our office in Blantyre.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the programme and engineering functions and act as the interface with the client. You will be working alongside the Site Manager who will be responsible for construction of the works using in house resource and subcontractors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Health & Safety implementation
- Producing, maintaining and amending site paperwork including WPP / TBS / Risk Assessments / Site Permits
- Managing the production of Quality documents
- Raising technical queries
- Updating TQ and drawing registers
- Attending pre-start and dilapidation walkouts
- Management of sub-contractors (programme and compliance)
- Managing and delivering multiple sites (where appropriate)
- Significant client liaison which involves providing reports, weekly dash boards and progress meetings
- Dealing with budgetary control from resources on site to the procurement of materials
- Working with commercial team members to highlight variations to planned works
- Producing 2 week look ahead programmes
- Understanding of CRE role for Track
- Accountable for technical engineering issues on site and including hands on site activities
- Setting out with total station
- On site track re-alignment works with tamper and / or hand tamping
- Preparation of Win ALC tamping files
- Excavation and ballast installation level control, including preparation of 3D machine control files
- Prepare stressing plans for sites including stressing assessments following track re-alignment works
- Implementation of TSR / ESR works
- Assisting with the safe hand back of projects to the desired line speeds
With excellent communication skills, you will be customer focused with the ability to engage with clients and build relationships.
You must be capable of producing high quality paperwork and be motivated by job satisfaction, delivering successful projects and implementing and driving health and safety practices. You are likely to be from a P’Way Engineering background, have acted as a CRE for Track, with a solid track record in delivering track renewal projects. Ideally a good understanding of the NR standards for track construction works. TQS, Track Handback & Stressing certification preferred but not essential.
Presence on our sites will be essential therefore weekend working and the ability to travel regularly is essential.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, company car or car allowance, matched company pension contribution of up to 5% (rising to 7% after 5 years), enhanced maternity and paternity provision, help towards healthcare costs, cycle to work and national retail discounts.
You will be working in a business that offers excellent career development and progression potential alongside a workforce that is genuinely proud to work here.