Story Plant values its people and rewards success. We provide quality operated plant to several rail and construction businesses and are in a strong growth phase currently. We are proud of our reputation looking after our people and customers.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Plant Tools Fitter/Hire Controller to join our team in Birmingham. This is a new position as we expand the service currently offered from this depot. This is a superb role opportunity for the successful candidate to grow their career, development, and experiences in an exciting Industry.
As a Small Tools Fitter/ Hire Controller, you will be working as part of a small enthusiastic team providing maintenance, service and testing of small tools and equipment as well as processing hire contracts and controlling materials used by our Rail and Plant Divisions.
Candidates should possess experience of working on small plant and equipment. You will be carrying out planned maintenance, inspections, and breakdown repairs on the company’s fleet of small plant and tools in our workshop and on site. A background in tool hire fleet maintenance and operating a hire desk would be particularly appropriate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Small plant inspections, servicing & repairs
- PAT testing
- Ensure servicing schedules followed and up to date
- Carry out routine safety inspections
- Support and encourage safe working practices for all staff and operatives.
- Ensure existing 5s principles are adhered to
- Ensure an efficient customer service is offered and maintained
- Basic Stock Control and Processing of hire contracts.
The ideal candidate
As the ideal candidate you will need:
- Relevant mechanical qualifications or experience
- Knowledge of small plant & equipment eg. Generators, Stone Saws, Power Tools
- Valid driving license
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good PC skills
- Problem solving
- Able to work to statutory regulations and standards
Additional but not essential
- PAT testing certificate
- CAT4+ training
- Safety training in Abrasive wheels, Manual Handling & Forklift truck
At Story Plant, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
We offer an excellent working environment along with very competitive pay, matched Company pension contributions, help towards healthcare costs, national retail discounts and access to our cycle to work scheme.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid days for volunteering each year to spend as a team or individually.
This is an excellent role for someone who is looking to take the next great step in their career. If this sounds like the role for you, click Apply Now