Do you want to join a Company that values its people and rewards success? There has never been a more exciting time to join Story Plant. We provide quality operated plant to several rail and construction businesses and are in a strong growth phase currently. We are proud of our reputation looking after our people and customers.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Plant Tools Fitter to join our team in Kings Norton, Birmingham. You will be dedicated to and will play a pivotal role in the success and growth of the department.
As a Small Tools Fitter, you will be working as part of a small enthusiastic team providing maintenance, service and testing of small tools and equipment as well as processing hires and controlling materials used by our Rail and Plant Divisions.
Candidates should possess experience of working on small plant and equipment. You will be carrying out planned maintenance, inspections and breakdown repairs on the company’s fleet of small plant and tools in our workshop and on site. A background in tool hire fleet maintenance and operating a hire desk is desirable but not essesntial.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Small plant inspections, servicing & repairs
- PAT testing
- Ensuring servicing schedules are followed and up to date
- Carrying out routine safety inspections
- Supporting and encouraging safe working practices for all staff and operatives
- Ensuring 5s principles are adhered to resulting in the workplace being clean, safe and well organised at all times
- Delivering an efficient customer service
- Basic Stock Control and Processing of hire contracts
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Relevant mechanical qualifications or experience
- Knowledge of small plant & equipment e.g. Generators, Stone Saws, Power Tools
- A valid driving license
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good PC skills
- Problem solving
- Able to work to statutory regulations and standards
- Great team player
In addition, but not as an essential, you will possess:
- PAT testing certificate
- CAT4+ training
- Safety training in Abrasive wheels, Manual Handling & Forklift truck
At Story Plant, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
We offer an excellent working environment along with competitive rates of pay, Company pension, BUPA health cash plan, national retail discounts and access to our cycle to work scheme.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid days for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
This is an excellent role for a Small Tools Fitter who has initiative and flexibility and can work as part of a team, or unsupervised. Story has excellent career opportunities for all employees.
If this sounds like the role for you, click Apply Now