Managing Quantity Surveyor
Are you an enthusiastic team player? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join our Rail Division, based from our Normanton office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor at Story Contracting you will have commercial control of a regional business unit, managing a team of commercial staff dealing with design and build rail projects from concept to completion and up to the end of defects liability, building a positive working relationship with all stakeholders.
- Ensure effective regional commercial control
- Challenge and support to identify best value solutions
- Build and manage effective supply chain relationships
- Build and maintain effective and professional client relationships
- Lead the QS team
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension and company car/allowance, we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
Our agile working policy allows for a mixture of office and home working, and flexible working arrangements are available so that our people are engaged to give their best.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will be experienced in the Rail industry/broad spectrum
- Have experience in interpreting contracts/contractual terms
- Have good working knowledge of I.C.E.
- Have commercial management experience
- Hold technical qualification as a QS
- Have knowledge of key external networks that adds value to Story
- Have excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Be solution focussed
- Be an excellent team player
- Have the ability to build rapport
- Hold a Full driving licence
Why Story Contracting?
- Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
- GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
- HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
- PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
- FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
- TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
- WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here. https://www.storycontracting.com/jobs/
Every Story Matters
- We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
- As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy https://www.storycontracting.com/about-us/our-culture-values/ ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
- All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
- Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
- Apply today and start your story