Story Contracting is an award winning infrastructure company, respected nationally for providing Rail, Construction and Plant solutions. In the last year we have won a number of major frameworks and contracts across the UK.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Management System Auditor to be based from wither our Carlisle or Chorley office. Reporting to our Assurance Manager you will be required to undertake management system audits across our worksites in accordance with the requirements of our Business Management System which is accredited to ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 in order to ensure that our management system remains compliant and fit for purpose.
You will also be required to support continued accreditation to other industry standards including:
- Network Rail Licences (PC/POS)
- Safe Contractor
- UVDB Verify
You will contribute to the production of monthly assurance reports covering all areas of the business and will continually promote awareness of legislative and industry quality standards to with project delivery teams.
You will have excellent working knowledge of core ISO Standards (preferably within a construction environment), be able to work on your own intuitive in delivering an audit strategy in accordance with an agreed program and have a critical eye for detail but also recognise the importance of providing proactive support to project delivery teams. You will also hold a recognised audit qualification.
Desirable knowledge, experience and qualifications required.
- Excellent working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Good working knowledge of UK regulations.
- Recognised auditor qualification
- Report writing and trend analysis skills
- Experience of quality, environmental and safety standards within the rail & construction industries.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage people in process and systems
- Good IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office suite
- Full driving licence
- NEBOSH certificate or above in H&S or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of construction and rail industry accreditations schemes (such as RISQS, CHAS, Safe Contractor, Constructionline etc
- Knowledge of ISO 44001
- Knowledge of ISO 27001
Full time hours are 40 per week, but part-time working will be considered.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, company car or allowance, matched company pension contribution of up to 5%, cycle to work, help towards healthcare costs, enhanced maternity and paternity pay provisions and national retail discounts.