Central Management Accountant
Are you a forward-thinking Finance professional looking to develop your career and receive an excellent benefits package? Are you an enthusiastic team player? Do you have excellent analytical skills and a good eye for detail?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our Central Finance Team. Ideally the role will be based from our Carlisle head office but could be based from our Blantyre or Chorley office, with regular visits to Head Office.
- Preparation of monthly and annual reporting, including reconciliations and tax accounting
- Manage and perform month end close activities
- Undertaking reviews of Central Overhead costs on a timely basis
- Regular discussions with the Department Heads to assist with their budget management
- Developing junior members of the team
- Support with the production of information to meet statutory obligations including year end statutory accounts, quarterly VAT returns, corporations tax returns and ONS submissions for all group companies.
- Preparing annual budgets and forecasts
- Assist with the year end audit
- Lead and support projects around continuous improvement of accounting processes and controls
- Being proactively involved in the day-to-day operation of the wider finance team
- To develop a sound understanding of the strategic direction of the companies and continually develop financial processes to best support these
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people by providing training and development opportunities for all, to maximise your career.
In addition to a competitive salary and pension which increases with your years of service, you will be entitled to 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave. You will become a member of our health plan providing cash back for regular health expenses and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well. Our retail discount scheme will also give you the opportunity to make savings at a variety of high street stores.
Our agile working policy allows for a mixture of office and home working, and flexible working arrangements are available so that our people are engaged to give their best.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified accountant (ICAEW/ICAS/CIMA/ACCA), or in the final stages of qualification
- Recent experience of preparing (or supporting) statutory accounts for large group companies
- Working knowledge of VAT legislation
- Knowledge of the construction and contracting industry
- Advanced excel skills
- Have the ability to juggle multiple projects with excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Be comfortable to communicate with people at all levels in the business.
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Click below to apply and start your Story.