Story Plant Ltd is currently recruiting the role of HGV Driver. We are a forward thinking and dynamic Plant Hire business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We provide quality operated plant machinery and attachments to rail and construction businesses and are proud of our reputation of looking after our people and customers.
We operate from 5 UK locations and supply our customers with Plant Hire solutions including On-Track Plant (OTP) Hire, Training & Assessing, Engineering Upgrades, Plant Operators Scheme (POS) provision and Haulage.
The role will enable the business to continue to grow and achieve its ongoing reputation for excellence.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will be working as part of a close-knit team ensuring an effective and efficient delivery service of all equipment and plant to operating sites.
We are recruiting for a driver who will enjoy:
- Working flexible shift patterns
- Driving modern, reliable and well-maintained vehicles
- Loading, delivering and collecting Plant equipment throughout the UK on behalf of our customers
- Ensuring all site, safety and regulatory requirements are met
For this role you will need:
- Class 1 license
- Up to date driver CPC card
- Experience of Step-frame Low Loaders
- Experience of loading and unloading Plant Equipment
- A good knowledge of driver hours and WTD regulations
- Digital tachograph card
- Good geographical knowledge of UK
- Personal Track Safety competence (PTS)*
It is desirable but not essential that you have:
- Clean UK driving license
- 2 Years minimum experience driving class 1 vehicles
- ADR *
- A load and secure certificate*
- An ability to operate plant equipment*
* Training can be provided where necessary.
Applicants should be aware that some manual handling may be required as part of the role.
The positions include early morning starts and overnight stops and good rates of pay with overtime
At Story Plant, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
We offer an excellent working environment along with¬†competitive rates of pay, Company pension,¬†BUPA health cash plan,¬†national retail discounts¬†and access to our cycle to work scheme.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid days for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
This is an excellent role for an HGV Driver who has initiative, can work as part of a team, or unsupervised. Story Plant has excellent career opportunities for all employees.
If this sounds like the role for you, click Apply Now