Story Contracting is a successful business combining the skills, resources and experience of rail and construction, working as a collaborative partner. Celebrating over 30 years in the general construction industry, and with over 20 years’ experience of permanent way and rail related building and civil engineering projects, Story Contracting has grown into a highly respected company. As part of that continued growth, we now have a reshaped opportunity for a Head of Project Controls for our Rail England Division based at one of our sites in either Carlisle, Chorley, York or Birmingham.
Reporting to the Technical Director, and as part of the Senior Management Team, the Head of Project Controls shall have overall accountability for the leadership, governance and direction, in the following business-critical areas:
- Deliver fit for purpose and efficient functions for Workbank Planning, Key Performance Indicators, Continuous Improvement and Track Access Planning:
- Workbank Planning – To develop and maintain the planning process at Workbank level to provide information required by the internal business and information required by the Client.
- Key Performance Indicators – To understand the ongoing requirements of NwR KPI’s and to share information with KRA owners and the wider business.
- Continuous Improvement – To drive a programme of Continuous Improvement within the rail business.
- Track Access Planning – To ensure track access requirements are delivered in line with the needs of the project teams.
- Proactively manage the delivery resource for the division, providing forward visibility of requirements and managing resource levels, training and competence.
The Head of Project Controls shall ensure the level of service provided to the project teams and the business meets expectation, that functions are developed and expanded to meet the needs of the business plan (and to take on board industry innovation) and shall challenge operating process at all levels to secure both efficiency and continuous improvement.
You will be qualified to degree level, HNC/HND or equivalent in Civil Engineering and a Chartered Engineer in a relevant discipline. As Head of Project Controls, you should also be a member of an industry relevant association, a subject matter expert in a particular discipline or function and have experience of working within the rail industry with a high level of proven capability in the Story Contracting core discipline areas and an overall knowledge of multidisciplinary work areas.
‘Doing it Right’ is really important to us, so if you believe you have the skills to help deliver projects to the highest standard, this could be the right opportunity for you. In return, you will be joining a business that’s going places and offers an excellent working environment along with a competitive salary, company car or allowance, matched Company pension contributions of up to 5% of salary, help towards healthcare costs, national retail discounts and access to our cycle to work scheme.