Ground Investigation Engineer – Geologist
Are you enthusiastic team player? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you want to make a difference in a growing Division?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ground Investigation Engineer - Geologist to join our Geotech Team based from our Blantyre office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Ground Investigation Engineer - Geologist at Story Contracting you will correctly interpret Ground Investigation Specifications and Schedules to deliver the project to the specification, national standards, codes of practice and the client’s requirements.
- Ensure the project is completed to the agreed specifications
- Manage and implement the Quality management procedures in line with the whole site team
- Manage all aspects of change in relation to the drawings
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension, we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree qualification in Geology, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or Earth Science related subject.
- Construction / Rail Engineering experience
- PTS certified, and Health and safety aware within the Rail Sector (desirable)
- Experience of current Soil Description to BS5930, and knowledge of testing requirements BS1377
- Experience with soil logging software, AGS formats.
- Flexible, versatile and motivated
- Ability to work on your own but thrives within the team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Willingness to undergo further training to advance knowledge
- SSSTS (desirable)
- Experience of current setting out procedures and equipment (desirable)
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Apply today and start your story