Are you an enthusiastic team player? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join our Rail Division, based in our East region from our Leeds depot - there has never been a better time to join!
As a member of the Estimating department, you will be responsible for the development of optimum estimated costs for the Labour, Plant, Materials, Subcontractors & Preliminaries on work winning tenders. Work types include but not limited to; Geotech, Drainage, Structures, Buildings & Permanent Way.
- Being a key representative of the estimating team both within the business and client facing.
- Preparation of detailed first principles estimates.
- Benchmarking exercises to inform commercial positions of tenders.
- Working with operational, engineering, and commercial staff to produce viable estimates.
- General bid management on day-to-day tenders.
- Subcontractor engagement at tender stage, producing enquiries and assessing returns from supply chain.
- Risk and opportunity evaluation on tenders.
- Presenting tender positions to senior management for governance sign off.
- Working with clients to understand their goals and ensure a collaborative relationship.
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Typically, HNC qualified in construction or 5+ years’ experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong numeracy skills and a mind for commercial/financial responsibility.
- Willingness to participate in site visits & meetings that may be in unsocial hours.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Organised, excellent time management and results driven.
- Team worker.
- Willingness to learn, including initiating own learning and development.
Why Story Contracting?
- Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
- GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
- HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
- PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
- FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
- TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
- WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here. https://www.storycontracting.com/jobs/
Every Story Matters
- We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
- As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy https://www.storycontracting.com/about-us/our-culture-values/ ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
- All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
- Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
- Click below to apply and start your Story.