Story Contracting are a rapidly expanding company and a highly respected name within the construction industry. We acknowledge that our people are our biggest asset and offer excellent career development potential, a great working environment and a fantastic remuneration package.
Due to growth we have a new exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Estimator in our Rail division to be based from our office in either Normanton, Carlisle or Chorley.
As an experienced Senior Estimator and reporting to our Lead Estimator, your duties will include:
- Estimating on a wide range of project types and values from £50k minor works projects to multi-million-pound multi-disciplinary projects in the rail environment including but not limited to:
- Geotechnical/earthworks/drainage projects
- Station projects
- Track projects
- Structure replacement and refurbishment projects
- Developing tender strategy with commercial and operations teams
- Managing the tender process with the Lead Estimator
- Ensuring key risks and opportunities are identified
- Ensuring Client’s requirements are met with a commercially viable tender
- Building and maintaining effective and genuine Client and supplier relationships
- Ensuring effective internal engagement, handover and feedback
- Coach and develop members of the estimating team
Self-motivated, practical and commercially aware, you will be used to working under pressure and to strict deadlines. Knowledge of the rail industry would be beneficial but not essential.
In possessing good communication skills, you will interact with people at all levels within the organisation and your customer focus will enable you to engage with clients and build relationships.
In return for your self-motivation and commitment to continuous improvements and profitability, you will receive a competitive salary, company car or allowance, matched company pension contribution of up to 5% rising to 7% after 5 years’ service, cycle to work, help towards healthcare costs and national retail discounts.
Please quote reference RE1819-11 on your cover email.
Closing date for applications: 14 January 2019.