Are you passionate about environment and ecology? Can you build formidable relationships with delivery teams? Are you a dynamic individual ready to get stuck into supporting environmental initiatives across diverse and high-profile rail projects? If so, Story might be the perfect fit.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Environment and Ecology Advisor to join our team. The role would involve supporting and collaborating with our project teams to deliver projects to the highest environmental standards. Innovation and drive are a key ingredient in pushing our standards to continuously improve.
The location of the role is flexible to be based out of our Blantyre Office.
Whether you are an experienced advisor or just starting out on your environment and ecology journey, you could be the right fit to join the Environment Team if you can build collaborative relationships, have an attention to detail and can drive positive change.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage collation and reporting of quantified measures of environmental performance, in line with site, regional, regulatory and corporate HSE reporting requirements;
- Support compliance team in development and improvement of Site HSE reporting systems.
- Analyse and trend environmental data to identify areas for improvement;
- Promoting a culture that supports environmental best practice in the workplace;
- Supporting in the production of Environmental & Social Management Plans, Environmental Risk Assessments, Site Waste Management Plans and Environmental Incident Response Plans;
- Producing Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Invasive Non-Native Species Management Plans & Biodiversity Assessments;
- Completion of habitat and protected species surveys;
- Review external Ecology information to evaluate environmental sustainability risks and opportunities;
- Support with environmental permit and licence applications;
- Provide support and guidance to the project teams;
- Monitor and accurately report on environment & ecology compliance;
- Support the development of the company’s Environmental Management System in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
Your required Skills and Experience
- Ideally 3-5 years Environmental experience ideally within a rail, construction / engineering background;
- You will be expected to have an environmental / ecological degree or similar;
- Ideally a member of IEMA or similar environmental body;
- Ability to engage with site staff, the client, and environmental regulators;
- Good IT skills to develop and write reports;
- Effective communicator with presentation and report writing skills;
- Ability to liaise with and influence staff/operatives at all levels;
- Analytical skills to interpret detailed information and regulations.
In return for your motivation and commitment, you will receive a competitive salary, flexible working opportunities, a company car or car allowance, a company pension contribution of 4.5% (rising to 7% after 5 years), enhanced maternity and paternity provision, help towards healthcare costs, cycle to work, national retail discount and more.
With opportunities for progression and excellent career development, you will be working in a rapidly expanding business that truly values you and your potential.
If this sounds ideal for you, please apply below.