Environment and Sustainability Lead
Flexible location - Offices based in Carlisle, Chorley and Glasgow
Are you a great communicator with the ability to engage and build relationships? Can you deliver exceptional results on a range of projects? Do you want to make a difference in a growing business?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environment and Sustainability Lead to join our central HSQE team. This is an office-based role based from one of our regional offices in either Carlisle, Glasgow or Chorley - there has never been a better time to join!
As Environment and Sustainability Lead at Story Contracting you will be expected to build upon our achievements to date and lead our ongoing sustainability strategy. Working with the Group HSQE Director you will drive the environment and sustainability agenda across Story Contracting Limited. You will be required to:
- Continually review our business management system to ensure that it remains compliance with ISO 14001, legislation and other industry requirements
- Develop and oversee the implementation of our carbon reduction strategy
- Develop and oversee the implementation of our biodiversity strategy
- Prepare our annual Streamline Energy Carbon Reporting (SECR) submission
- Prepare SBTi validation reports
- Prepare ESOS submissions
- Identify ways of minimising waste
- Represent the business on industry forums such as the Rail Industry Sustainability Forum (RISF)
- Liaise with regulatory bodies as required
- Support the operational business by delivering an engagement and communication strategy that supports our environmental and sustainability ambitions
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension and company car/allowance We show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
Our agile working policy allows for a mixture of office and home working, and flexible working arrangements are available so that our people are engaged to give their best.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be chartered / Full Members of a recognised professional body (ie. IEMA, SocEnv, IEEM etc)
- Have experience in delivering sustainability strategies (carbon reduction, biodiversity etc)
- Be familiar with the internationally recognised Science Based Targets Initiative
- Understand statutory reporting requirements
- Have completed SECR reports
- Have significant construction, civil engineering and / or rail experience
- be experienced in managing internal and external stakeholders
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here. Jobs - Story Contracting
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Apply today to start your story