Do you want to be part of a successful, dynamic, forward-thinking business? Do you have a proactive approach and enjoy an engaging fast-paced role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager to join our Rail Division based from our Birmingham office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Office Manager at Story Contracting you will provide dedicated administrative support to the Central Business Region and the Birmingham Regional Office.
- Responsible for day to day office administration at the Birmingham Office
- Provide professional, effective and efficient ‘front of house’ service at Birmingham for Story visitors, customers and colleagues
- Support Contracts Manager
- Ensure effective relationship management
- Provide administration support to colleagues that is efficient and effective as required
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension (and company car/allowance) We show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in providing professional secretarial support at senior levels
- Excellent IT skills, expanding through to MS Office and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of office management and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and build good working relationships quickly
- Experience of minute taking
- Experience of diary management
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Apply now to start your Story.