Assistant Site Manager
Are you an enthusiastic team player? Can you help drive success within a team? Do you want to make a difference in a growing region?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Site Manager to join our Rail Division, based from our Normanton office - and there has never been a better time to join!
As a Project Manager at Story Contracting you assist the Site Manager / Project Manager and lead and manage the day to day operation and delivery of all works on site to meet safety, cost, build programme and build quality standards.
The Assistant Site manager will assist a Site Manager in delivering the key accountabilities below or may take accountability directly for smaller less complicated sites.
- Manage and promote a safe and efficient working environment on site
- Proactively manage the operations on site
- Assist Project Manager and Estimators to provide assessment of tender details where required
- Build and maintain effective Client relationships
- Provide and maintain accurate records
- Ensure the successful handover and completion of the project in conjunction with Project Manager
- Lead, manage and develop the site team
At Story Contracting, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension, we show we care about our people by offering a health cash plan and wellbeing support to keep you fit and well - inside and outside of work.
Our agile working policy allows for a mixture of office and home working, and flexible working arrangements are available so that our people are engaged to give their best.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- SMSTS 5 day certified
- Full first aid qualification (desirable)
- NVQ Level 6 achieved with CSCS certificate
- Extensive relevant construction experience gained
- Extensive experience of working and leading in a safety critical environment
- Experience of working and managing disciplines such as confined spaces, roads and street works
- Commercially minded
- Experience of leading teams and multiple projects
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to monitor and identify emerging issues and risks and build contingency plans proactively
Why Story Contracting?
Story Contracting is a privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company who is financially secure and agile with a wide range of public, private and third sector clients who enjoy working with our talented and committed team. Our track record for delivery on time and to budget, safely and reliably, has meant repeat business from our clients, which is reflected in our motto of ‘Do It Right!’
Our values are at the heart of everything we do - the way we work and the behaviours we display. We believe that this is what makes Story Contracting and our people exceptional.
GROUNDED - Everyone is equal at Story. We are down to earth and treat each other with respect.
HARDWORKING - We all pull our weight and work hard for each other.
PROUD - We are proud of our safety, our projects, our people, our clients and the success we create together.
FAMILY - We nurture, train, develop and keep our people safe, just like a family. We are inclusive and do the right thing for the business and its people.
TRUSTED - What we say is what we do. Our clients, our people and our communities trust us to do it right.
WINNERS - We are hungry for success and want to be the best performing contractor for our clients, our people and our communities.
Find out more about what it’s like to be part of Team Story here.
Every Story Matters
We are proud to be a place where everyone can be part of the Story!
As part of our pledge to eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our Story Team, our ‘Every Story’ policy ensures all employees are a part of a diverse environment and always feel included.
All applicants will receive careful consideration for employment regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you believe in.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Click below to apply and start your Story.