The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the skills and underpinning knowledge required to undertake Point Operator duties. The re-assessment process enables people to be updated on changes in rules or Railway Group Standards and also checks that levels of understanding and awareness are maintained.
Provided the delegate achieves competence. Sentinel shall be updated, and the skills updated to the delegates Sentinel Record.
- Delegates must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS and IWA or COSS.
- Meet the relevant medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness.
- Have a good level of literacy to meet Entry Qualifications.
- Meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol)